Sunday 17 January 2010

First ride of 2010 - when will the snow go?


Would you believe it I haven't been able to prize anyone out for a ride in the last month. Its 17 January and this is my first day of biking in 2010 - on my tod. Beautiful though it is the snow has totally wiped all my hard work at the end of 2009... well that's my story any how. We haven't had post delivered at home since the snow arrived for real on 18 December and determined though I was to finally end the drought on biking I was off my bike before I was out of sight of the house. Had to take the 'girls option' and stick to the roads once I got onto one! This is up above Hob Hole, looking back towards Westerdale and Hograh Moors - the single track is going to take a few more days like this to thaw out! I might even be forced to look into some indoor cycling just to get back on the straight (or should that be wiggly) and narrow. Not sure if I can stomach a gym but there again if it means not bursting a lung every time I venture out of granny ring on the hills it might be worth it! Made it home only to get a phone call saying 'fancy a bit of biking!'

4 comments:

  1. Nice one Chris. Love it. I'll be in my 'granny' all the way round by the time I venture out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit the minus 4 and zero visibility this morning wasn't very inviting. Still at least I made a start on my 'training' at the leisure centre last night. Don't laugh 20 lengths is better than what I usually do which is sit and watch my kids swim while drinking Dr Pepper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed you actually rode the bike! I started my 2010 fitness regime on the 18th too by taking my bike to the shop for a service cos I ain't got a clue why the coggy bits are slipping and then buying some lovely, lovely cycling kit. You've got to build up to the riding stage slowly I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you Jo. Talking of road biking I've got the offer of doing the coast 2 coast with two different groups of friends this year. One in May/June with my sis time one in September with Carol (remember her?). Have you ever done it? Either way you do you fancy joining us?

    ReplyDelete